DISCUSSION THREAD - Free vs. Total Testosterone: What’s the difference?

Cycle help, AAS info, general information & exchange of opinions

jasonhill800

DISCUSSION THREAD - Free vs. Total Testosterone: What’s the difference?

Post by jasonhill800 »

In light of the blood test results that we have been posting up, we’d like to discuss a few points that will help you all analyse the results better.
Approximately 98% of the testosterone the body produces is bound to either sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG), or albumin. This is referred to as “bound testosterone.” The 2% that’s left is known as “free testosterone.”
This unbound or “free” testosterone is what connects with testosterone receptors within the body’s cells. When a cell absorbs free testosterone, it enables its functionality, such as cell replication in the bones and muscles. Free testosterone is also responsible for the creation of what are known as secondary sexual characteristics in men. These include things like facial hair and a deeper voice. As the name suggests, total testosterone is the grand total of all the hormone available in the bloodstream. While some testosterone tests only account for total testosterone, they might not be as helpful as once thought. Here’s why-
A 98% proportion is normal for bound testosterone – but obviously, anomalies can occur. Limiting testing to total testosterone levels overlooks the possibility of excessive bondage to either SHBG or albumin. Here’s why it matters. The possibility of excessive bondage means that it is possible to have normal levels of total testosterone but still have insufficient free testosterone to perform its essential functions. Too little free testosterone can lead to poor muscle development, irritability, lowered sex drive and a host of other issues that one may not readily associate with too little free testosterone.
Therefore, while total testosterone levels may appear healthy, low levels of free testosterone could lead to improper diagnosis and treatment plans. For example, a patient may not need more testosterone. They may simply need less of substances that tend to convert testosterone into other substances such as estrogen. This is why it may be critically important to test for free testosterone levels and not just total testosterone alone.
Bioavailable Testosterone
Until recently, free testosterone was the only type considered biologically active. It turns out, however, that the portion of the hormone bound to serum albumin tends to become available in the capillary bed. Therefore, non-SHBG-bound testosterone is also deemed as “bioavailable.”

One way of looking at bioavailable testosterone is that it is like a reserve supply, ready for use when the body is low on free testosterone. However, scientists still don’t know how much bioavailable testosterone goes on to be absorbed by cells in these conditions. In most cases, bioavailable and free testosterone run even. Exceptions to this are known to manifest due to certain medical conditions and medications. For example, corticosteroids and sex steroids may cause an increase or decrease in SHBG amounts. In such instances, medical professionals may have difficulty properly diagnosing abnormalities. For this reason, it is critical that men disclose to their doctors all the medications they are taking as a part of their consultation. There are also other conditions that may cause diagnostic problems. These include:
1. Genetically caused SHBG-binding abnormalities
2. Liver disease
3. Severe systemic illness
Increasing Free Testosterone Levels There are two ways to improve free testosterone levels. In general, anything that increases total testosterone levels (such as forms of exercise or supplementation) will also elevate free testosterone. The other method involves reducing SHBG bound testosterone.
While the aging process naturally increases SHBG bondage, other factors can accelerate the process. Levels of certain hormones such as insulin, growth hormone, estrogen, and thyroid hormones are known to affect SHBG bonding. Vitamins and herbs, including vitamin D and boron are thought to lower SHBG.

DarrenW29

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD - Free vs. Total Testosterone: What’s the difference?

Post by DarrenW29 »

It’s interesting I’ve always had low shgb levels
Vision

Post by Vision »

More info..
Proviron can be added to any TRT protocol with or without Masteron (Drostanolone), exhibiting very similar properties.

EP's NEW TRT Blend / Testosterone enanthate 200mg/mL - Masteron Enanthate 200mg/mL - 400mg/mL

Why use the TRT blend? www.PuritySourceLabs.ru

Testosterone replacement therapy is as much an art as it is a science.
www.Euro-Pharmacies.net understands this concept this is why EP has designed and engineered the most sought-after ratio of hormones on the anabolic market today.
Through the treatment of Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) one should be given based on symptoms instead of just blood values.
If you have no energy, gain fat easily, having trouble putting on muscle, have a low libido, and suffer from depression, you may need TRT.
Especially if you feel this after a cycle/blast with a so-called successful "PCT"..
(Blood work should be taken to see if you are on the low end of the T spectrum)

::CLICK HERE TO LEARN WHERE TO GET BLOOD WORK AND HOW TO DO IT::

Some benefits of this TRT stack may come rather quickly, such as increased libido as this may/can improve within weeks,
as can depression subsiding, loss of body fat and an increase in muscle and a overall sense of well being! www.PuritySourceLabs.ru

Androgen replacement therapy (ART), often referred to as testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), is a class of hormone replacement therapy in which androgens, often testosterone, are replaced (and can be utilized for cruises between cycles/blasts). ART is often prescribed to counter the effects of male hypogonadism. It typically involves the administration of testosterone through injections of Testosterone. www.PuritySourceLabs.ru

ART is also employed after a cycle/blast for those that wish to stay "ON" to lessen the effects of being shut down, as user may notice changes caused by a relative decline in testosterone: TRT is employed to avoid fewer erections, fatigue, thinning skin, declining muscle mass and strength, more body fat. Dissatisfaction with these changes causes some users to lose appetite, and most gains made during their cycle. Most of all, TRT/cruise is utilized to help keep that healthy state of well-being while giving their body a rest between cycles/blasts..

The addition of Masteron in the blend is partially due to its anti-estrogen properties, and we say this for great reason. Masteron is a derivative of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) and does not convert to estrogen through the means of aromatization. It is thought that the anti-estrogenic properties of Masteron may be in part to do with either an inhibition in some way of the aromatase enzyme or an interaction with estrogen itself in a way which blocks receptor binding of the estrogen.

Either way, it's a WIN-WIN situation this would put Masteron as a very useful tool for the AAS user and specifically for those that cruise on low "T" doses who wish to inhibit the conversion of T to estrogen -

by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, Masteron would be in effect blocking the conversion of testosterone to estrogen by the aromatization pathway Yielding greater levels of Free usable test. (HIGHER FREE T LEVELS)
This would not only serve to marginally increase the amounts of active free testosterone in circulation (thus giving a greater effect of the testosterone during a TRT treatment or cruise)..Most TRT users report almost no need for AI's during this treatment with Low to moderate Testosterone ran concurrently with Masteron.

Average Testosterone Enanthate dosages are anywhere from 125mgs to 250mgs weekly, with just 200mgs a week of Masteron creating a match made in heaven, a complimentary duo!

(We suggest getting blood-work to reinforce these statements that are made with masteron assisting testE in this blend) ::CLICK HERE TO LEARN WHERE TO GET BLOOD WORK AND HOW TO DO IT::

For those on TRT or who blast & cruise, this blend is truly the master of all. Leading the way with what would probably be consider the BEST blend ratio mix with hormones serving numerous functions, virtually to many to list.

www.Euro-pharmacies.net out did themselves with this one.

Dosages:
They can range from 400mg a week up too 1000mg. One unique property with the cocktail is that you don't need much and 1mL weekly could prove to be a perfect dosages for just about anyone, especially those who are new to using low to moderate dosages, of those who are beginning their TRT therapy.

www.PuritySourceLabs.ru

TRT Plus - 400mg/ml 10ml/vial EP $120

Condition: New product
Supplier:Euro-Pharmacies
Chemical Name:Testosterone, Drostanolone
Comes In: 10ml vial - 400 mg/ml:
Testosterone Enanthate 200mg
Drostanolone Enanthate 200mg
Dosage: 200-1000mg/week
Active time: Approx 21 days
Class:Anabolic/Androgenic Steroid

Shipping from Europe

::CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT ACCESS FOR THIS PRODUCT::

Blood work below from personal study in Sept 2018 on 200mg Pharma script Testosterone Cypionate with Masteron (Drostanolone) and Proviron (Mesterolone)

As many of you know I blast & cruise, more blasting than cruising with switch hitting.. I had blood work that was expected to be pulled from my Doc, he actually forgot and I had to remind him, it worked out well because I wanted to come off for a bit and do a little small cruise (6 weeks'ish) and give my CNS a moment to recoup as well as giving my REC's a brake..

I figured this would also be a great opportunity to take advantage of Masteron and Proviron used in conjunction with my TRT.. For the following reasons to keep libido strong, depression at a low at the same time optimizing the most out of my TRT dosage..

The addition with Proviron & Masteron is that it's a useful tool for the TRT user and specifically for those that cruise on low "T" doses who wish to inhibit the conversion of T to estrogen. By inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, Masteron would be in effect blocking the conversion of free testosterone to estrogen by the aromatisation pathway Yielding great levels of Free usable test. This would not only serve to marginally increase the amounts of active free testosterone in circulation (thus giving a greater effect of the testosterone during a TRT treatment or cruise).. With this said, I was just using 200mgs Script test-cyp E7D (with script adex .5 E3D) and Masteron-200 E7D and proviron at 50mg ED this ultimately created a match made in heaven, a complimentary duo!

Bloods were pulled 3 days after last pin and I was fasted and the panel was a sensitive essay (I wanted to see if my BS levels would effect estrogen total serum by way of estrone elevation due to fasting).. I have BS issues along with a family history of diabetes, the serum levels were extremely high and I doubt there was cross-reactivity of anything else due to the fact that E2 was low.. Being in a fasted state seems to be the culprit..

Further more, people tend to put blood serum numbers in a standard range of expectancy.. I've always advocated that I'm a slow/low metabolizer, even at 200mg which is the high end of TRT treatment and I barely scraped the high end.. It proves that this truly is NOT a one size fits all..

My closing comments : Libido was great, appetite was strong and I have no complaints, my sense of well-being was on point.. The extreme low SHBG levels IMO are directly associated with the mast/prov, thus the result of low estro and higher free T.. This can explain why I continued to feel great even after lowering my T dosage significantly..

I will continually use Mast and/or Proviron with every cruise I do!

Outstanding products...

There's an Easter egg here that's hidden inside of all of this, it's something I don't want people to miss.

This goes to prove that you really don't need much testosterone.. People don't need to chase a high total serum number in order to feel confident and reassured, when people are expecting numbers in or around the 3k + range and they believe that this is where you need to be in order to make the most progress, this is simply false and misleading.

Stop chasing total serums and focus on free test levels.. People can have 3000 of bound test and that doesn't mean anything, in fact that testosterone is useless if your FREE T ratios are low..

Users could incorporate compounds that are complementary with freeing up bound testosterone into more bioavailable testosterone such as Proviron (Mesterolone) - Masteron (Drostanolone) or Winstrol (Stanozolol)

Think of the example of speakers with an amplifier. Somebody could have 3000 watts being pushed into a set of speakers, yet clarity and distortion is a huge factor hindering quality with actually just sounding noisy. Compared to someone that has 500 watts of real quality true wattage with other components added for a smoother current and flow, better power source signaling while it sounds and out performance the counter-part that was sitting at 3000 watts. The quality option with purity vs. total raw out-put added life to the sound, do the same for the signaling within your body.

The conclusion here is to free up your bound testosterone levels, increase FREE T and let all of the other compounds be the workhorse in your cycles or blast or simply your TRT protocol..

Know how to optimize your testosterone levels so they can work best for you.. It's not about quantity but rather quality..
I would rather have several hundred work horses, compared to 3000 useless horses..
www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.

MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

That´s why using proviron with test help alot keep SHBG , but even better is using masteron . In the past masteron is know to be used only pre contest but now alot of top athletes using on bulking . And i can tell you will love it , you feel a king .
Jozifp103

Post by Jozifp103 »

Great post brother.