How much does missing the gym affect your day?

Cycle help, AAS info, general information & exchange of opinions

Jozifp103

How much does missing the gym affect your day?

Post by Jozifp103 »

Recently broke my hand. Been out of the gym for a couple weeks. I always went early in the morning before work. Since the very first day that I've been out of the gym my entire mood has plummeted. I even took the first couple days off work because I was like fuck everything. It's like I'm completely dependent on the gym to function. It's become such a part of my day like brushing my teeth that if I don't do it I feel like the entire day is a wash. So many decisions I make throughout the day are based around my goals. Like what I eat, if I should have some beers with my friends or co-workers after work, if I should get to bed early, etc. When I'm not in the gym I just feel like fuck it might as well eat like shit and live like a shmuck cuz what's the point of eating all this protein if I'm not working my muscles. It's such a mind-fuck lol.

Anyone else get this way?

Jozifp103

Re: How much does missing the gym affect your day?

Post by Jozifp103 »

Bakagan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:12 pm It depends really. I work out at night so if I miss it's not that easy to make up since I'm at work the next day. I'll usually just work out with longer sets my next time in the gym or take a hybrid of what I missed and what I'm scheduled to do and mesh them together. If I miss on a Saturday I'll try to make sure to get in a workout on Sunday. There have also been times when I've missed and that was it. I just missed and the workout never got made up.
Yea I don't know why I let it mess with my day so much. I think the fact that I workout first thing in the morning made me more dependent on it to start my day. If I worked out at the end of the day I feel like missing wouldn't affect my day too much because it's already over.