I'm a loner bodybuilder and I wouldn't have it any other way...

Cycle help, AAS info, general information & exchange of opinions

Jozifp103

I'm a loner bodybuilder and I wouldn't have it any other way...

Post by Jozifp103 »

I'm a bodybuilder but I'm not a "bodybuilder". I participate in the act of bodybuilding and I am passionate about it...but I do not make it my personality. I don't hang out with other bodybuilders or gym-bros. I don't date the "fit girls" that you see on social media with the centaur asses. My wife is a smoke, and she lifts and is in very good shape, but she's definitely not a fitness fanatic or the type you see with the leggings pulled up to her tits taking ass shots in the mirror...

I have a lot of good friends, but none of them lift or understand the lifestyle, and I don't really have any friends at the gym other than a few guys that I shoot the shit with on occasion. I go in the gym, avoid interactions if possible and am usually in and out in 45 minutes or less.

Outside of the gym I'm a normal guy. I like my beer and my weed, and I like to snowboard, golf, etc. I don't talk about bodybuilding outside the gym unless someone asks about it. When I see other bodybuilders outside of the gym I feel like I'm looking at someone I can't relate to. They always seem so boring and one dimensional...like their entire personality is their looks. They all seem to fit the stereotype perfectly and I'm just a normal guy who likes bodybuilding on the side but still has an entire other life/personality outside of it.

But like I said, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my friends and my wife, I get in and out of the gym quickly, I'm not constantly getting stuck in conversations about how much I lift or what my workout routine is, and I can live my bodybuilding life in peace.

Anyone else feel like they don't "belong" to the stereotypical bodybuilding community?