GONG BAO "Kungpao"

Nutrition questions, info, meal propping and recipes
Push50

GONG BAO "Kungpao"

Post by Push50 »

So I guess you have probably noticed, I like stir fries. It is a quick simple way to prep meals. They are tasty, fairly healthy and not a lot of mess during clean up.

This week I am posting two recipes. I will follow this with Fried Rice, who doesn't like fried rice with stir fry??

Ingredients

For the Chicken Marinade
2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into bite-sized pieces.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine or Mirin, or white wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar

For the Chicken Stir-Fry and Sauce

1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
2 medium zucchinis cut into bite-sized chunks
3 medium yellow squash cut into bite-sized chunks
1 Large Onion
¾ cup chopped scallions
¾ cup dry roasted peanuts/pepitas or other nuts that you like
6 - 8 dried red chiles
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon sesame oil
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions

For the Marinade: Cut the chicken into 1-inch bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken chunks in a large zip bag. Add 2 tablespoons each of cornstarch, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and brown sugar. Close the bag and massage the chicken to coat all the pieces. Then chill for at least 30 minutes. (Or all day.)
Meanwhile, chop the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, scallions, garlic, and ginger.
For the Stir Fry Sauce: In a small measuring pitcher (or bowl) mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Mix well.
Fry the chilis till dark and slightly swollen.

Set a large sauté pan (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add in the chicken and marinade. Stir fry the chicken pieces until mostly cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Then stir in the onion. Wait till they appear slightly translucent. Then stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, and peanuts or other nuts. Stir-fry the vegetables for another 2 minutes, until lightly cooked, but still firm.
Stir in the sauce and stir fry another 2 minutes, until thick and well coated. Finally stir in the scallions. Serve warm over rice, fried rice, or cauliflower rice.

Hany-Support

Re: GONG BAO "Kungpao"

Post by Hany-Support »

Push50 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:56 pm So I guess you have probably noticed, I like stir fries. It is a quick simple way to prep meals. They are tasty, fairly healthy and not a lot of mess during clean up.

This week I am posting two recipes. I will follow this with Fried Rice, who doesn't like fried rice with stir fry??

Ingredients

For the Chicken Marinade
2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thigh meat cut into bite-sized pieces.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine or Mirin, or white wine
2 tablespoons brown sugar

For the Chicken Stir-Fry and Sauce

1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
2 medium zucchinis cut into bite-sized chunks
3 medium yellow squash cut into bite-sized chunks
1 Large Onion
¾ cup chopped scallions
¾ cup dry roasted peanuts/pepitas or other nuts that you like
6 - 8 dried red chiles
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon sesame oil
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions

For the Marinade: Cut the chicken into 1-inch bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken chunks in a large zip bag. Add 2 tablespoons each of cornstarch, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and brown sugar. Close the bag and massage the chicken to coat all the pieces. Then chill for at least 30 minutes. (Or all day.)
Meanwhile, chop the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, scallions, garlic, and ginger.
For the Stir Fry Sauce: In a small measuring pitcher (or bowl) mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Mix well.
Fry the chilis till dark and slightly swollen.

Set a large sauté pan (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add in the chicken and marinade. Stir fry the chicken pieces until mostly cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Then stir in the onion. Wait till they appear slightly translucent. Then stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, and peanuts or other nuts. Stir-fry the vegetables for another 2 minutes, until lightly cooked, but still firm.
Stir in the sauce and stir fry another 2 minutes, until thick and well coated. Finally stir in the scallions. Serve warm over rice, fried rice, or cauliflower rice.
Time to try your recipe :D

Great frying pan

chicken rice creatine will make you motherfucker :P
>> If you want to repay our help on the Forum.
> Please follow and recommend our Social Media to others:

>-https://www.instagram.com/xsteroidscom/ :-bd
>https://www.facebook.com/xsteroids
:-bd