peri-workout meals

Nutrition questions, info, meal propping and recipes
cdubw44

peri-workout meals

Post by cdubw44 »

From what I have read it could be as simple as protein shake during the workout. So I will implement it into my normal routine but god my stomach was not happy during today’s workout. We shall see if this goes away.

Phill

Re: peri-workout meals

Post by Phill »

I am not a lover of training on a full stomach, on the contrary, I prefer to eat 2-3 hours before and have completely digested.

anyway, it depends a lot on the time you intend with peri workout.

during the workout the blood must and goes in the muscles and not in the stomach.
if you have food in your stomach that you need to digest, this will struggle because the blood is drawn elsewhere in the muscles you are training.

you need proteins and amino acids 24 hours a day and not necessarily close to the workout, unless you are on a very very low calorie diet.

during training (intra workout) it is better to have something that gives you energy and highly digestible such as cyclodextrins, with the addition of some amino acids if needed.
Anjela

Post by Anjela »

I use cyclodextrins during training while I'm in prep during cut.
I find it superfluous to take when you have all the energies deriving from food.
cdubw44

Post by cdubw44 »

Phill wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:30 am I am not a lover of training on a full stomach, on the contrary, I prefer to eat 2-3 hours before and have completely digested.

anyway, it depends a lot on the time you intend with peri workout.

during the workout the blood must and goes in the muscles and not in the stomach.
if you have food in your stomach that you need to digest, this will struggle because the blood is drawn elsewhere in the muscles you are training.

you need proteins and amino acids 24 hours a day and not necessarily close to the workout, unless you are on a very very low calorie diet.

during training (intra workout) it is better to have something that gives you energy and highly digestible such as cyclodextrins, with the addition of some amino acids if needed.

Thanks i will look into that.
cdubw44

Post by cdubw44 »

Anjela wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am I use cyclodextrins during training while I'm in prep during cut.
I find it superfluous to take when you have all the energies deriving from food.
Superfluous! That's going to be the word of the day. You're awesome
PharmaMen

Post by PharmaMen »

cdubw44 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:31 pm
Anjela wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:30 am I use cyclodextrins during training while I'm in prep during cut.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anjela

Post by Anjela »

cdubw44 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:31 pm
8-)
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Protein slows down you digestion , why use during workout ? when you need energy to work harder.
Intra workout best option is quick action carbs like dextrose ( dextrose is almost like the glucose your body produces) so is the cheap and the best to use during and after workouts .

I use 100gr with 10gr glutamine, 10gr creatine, 10gr bcaas and i stay full and the pumps are amazing , i also stay with same strenght from 1º rep to the last .