Venison and Potatoe Stir-Fry

Nutrition questions, info, meal propping and recipes
Push50

Venison and Potatoe Stir-Fry

Post by Push50 »

This is another simple recipe. You can substitute beef or chicken, really any protein source, even “TOFU” if you would like to for the venison. I have a surplus of venison and it helps to offset my grocery bill.

INGREDIENTS
¼ cup canola oil
2 lbs small Yukon potatoes (sliced into 1/4” thick rounds)
1lb of sliced Venison
1 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs light olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp of crushed black pepper
3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped, minced)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
1 tbs oyster sauce
½ onion into wedge slices

OPTIONAL GARNISH

Green onions (chopped finely)
Couple small cilantro sprigs

PREPARATION
1. Clean, peel, slice, then soak potatoes in a bowl of salted ice water.

2. Slice beef and season with 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs cornstarch, 1 tbs oil, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow cornstarch to transform into a thin gelatinous & tenderizing layer.

3. Drain and pat dry all potato slices

4. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot (put chopstick in oil and if it bubbles it’s hot enough)

2. Add some of the potatoes to hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Drain on plate layered with paper towels and continue frying the rest of potatoes and set aside.

3. In a separate pan, add a couple tbs oil until hot and glossy. Then add sliced beef and lightly season with salt and pepper.

4. When meat is done to your liking add in sliced onion, fish sauce (optional) and oyster sauce.

5. Taste the sauce and add salt/pepper/fish sauce or soy sauce to your liking.

6. Then add fried potato crisps and toss gently to combine and immediately plate and serve hot.

7. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and scallions.

Hany-Support

Re: Venison and Potatoe Stir-Fry

Post by Hany-Support »

Push50 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:34 pm This is another simple recipe. You can substitute beef or chicken, really any protein source, even “TOFU” if you would like to for the venison. I have a surplus of venison and it helps to offset my grocery bill.

INGREDIENTS
¼ cup canola oil
2 lbs small Yukon potatoes (sliced into 1/4” thick rounds)
1lb of sliced Venison
1 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs light olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp of crushed black pepper
3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped, minced)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
1 tbs oyster sauce
½ onion into wedge slices

OPTIONAL GARNISH

Green onions (chopped finely)
Couple small cilantro sprigs

PREPARATION
1. Clean, peel, slice, then soak potatoes in a bowl of salted ice water.

2. Slice beef and season with 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs cornstarch, 1 tbs oil, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow cornstarch to transform into a thin gelatinous & tenderizing layer.

3. Drain and pat dry all potato slices

4. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot (put chopstick in oil and if it bubbles it’s hot enough)

2. Add some of the potatoes to hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Drain on plate layered with paper towels and continue frying the rest of potatoes and set aside.

3. In a separate pan, add a couple tbs oil until hot and glossy. Then add sliced beef and lightly season with salt and pepper.

4. When meat is done to your liking add in sliced onion, fish sauce (optional) and oyster sauce.

5. Taste the sauce and add salt/pepper/fish sauce or soy sauce to your liking.

6. Then add fried potato crisps and toss gently to combine and immediately plate and serve hot.

7. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and scallions.

Bon appetite :D I admire you that you like to cook like that, it's good to have such a husband at home haha ​​:D
>> If you want to repay our help on the Forum.
> Please follow and recommend our Social Media to others:

>-https://www.instagram.com/xsteroidscom/ :-bd
>https://www.facebook.com/xsteroids
:-bd
Push50

Post by Push50 »

I love to cook, I learned from my mama and in my world she and my wife are the best that there are.
Hany-Support

Post by Hany-Support »

Push50 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:44 pm I love to cook, I learned from my mama and in my world she and my wife are the best that there are.
It's nice, because at least you can do something in the kitchen, it's always good to have an efficient guy at home in every respect :)
>> If you want to repay our help on the Forum.
> Please follow and recommend our Social Media to others:

>-https://www.instagram.com/xsteroidscom/ :-bd
>https://www.facebook.com/xsteroids
:-bd