PSL Log

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Phill

Re: PSL Log

Post by Phill »

Marvel3203 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:34 pm Nothing to big since last update. Even though I'm only on 300 mg test e weekly all of my main lifts are still increasing. However I have hit a sticking point on wait. I seem to be stuck between 242-243. I'm slowly increasing my calories to remedy it. I'm still going lower carb (100 or less most days) but increasing my fats and protein. I am the leanest I've ever been at this weight. One new item is I may have the ability to have surgery to remove my gyno along with the gland. I've always wanted this surgery, I've had pre pubescent gyno for as long as I can remember. Definitely excited at the possibility.
keep us updated on this surgery.
I'm also interested

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Everything is progressing nicely the last couple weeks. I'm still following my low carb high fat diet to hopefully improve my lipid profile. I'm at the half way point and still adding calories weekly. I've also scheduled a surgery date in July for gyno removal. It's going to cost me more than I originally thought but it's going to be worth it. This last week I threw in deadlifts for my 2nd pull day. Usually I stick to my set workouts but once in awhile I just do whatever I feel like. So felt like trying deadlifts. For my top set I pulled 455 for 6 reps. Not sure how that is comparable to most but for me that is definitely a pr and I plan trying to deadlift a little more often. My back was sore in the right places the day after.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Phill wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:20 am keep us updated on this surgery.
I'm also interested
I will definitely include details. First bit of info is when I originally got a consultation 5 years ago the price was around 4M now with the same plan its 6K plus. But I've deemed it necessary so I’ll just have to pay.
Phill

Post by Phill »

Marvel3203 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 pm
Phill wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:20 am keep us updated on this surgery.
I'm also interested
I will definitely include details. First bit of info is when I originally got a consultation 5 years ago the price was around 4M now with the same plan its 6K plus. But I've deemed it necessary so I’ll just have to pay.
It's quite normal, it increases everything ... everything except my salary
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

It’s been hectic since my last update and had some things take me off course for a little bit. However, I am back on my grind. I received another touchdown from PSL (pic included). I also got back my bloodwork (comparison pics included). Most of my numbers improved except for HDL which stayed the same. Honestly, I was hoping for some better results, but I’ll take it. My plan is to take the next 8 weeks and do a mini cut. The surgeon told me the leaner I can be on surgery day the better results I will have from my Gyno surgery. So, surgery is early July and I’ve updated my plan with the current changes:

Switched to a small calorie deficit
Still lifting 4 days a week however took off a little total volume per day
Adding in cardio each of the 4 training days (2 HIIT, 2 steady state)
500 mg sust weekly, 120 mg Tren E weekly

After 8 weeks cutting, I’ll re-try the supplement regimen for my bloodwork. However, this time I will reduce test to 200 mg weekly (instead of 300), I’ll keep cardio in & I’ll run it for 8 weeks instead of 6 before getting bloodwork again. Once everything is healed up and I am a full go in the gym I will begin to make plans and look for what show I may want to do in 2022. If I win my class I plan on trying for a Masters pro card in 2022 as well.

Image -

Image -
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

So this update is hard to write because in retrospect I can see all my errors. I got back in touch with Dante and he was not happy with my bloodwork. He isn't my coach but I trust his opinion. He challenged me to radically change my diet. Which I can see that I was eating too much bacon, too much fast and convenience food, steak daily and some other poor choices. My conditioning looked good and I seemed to be adding muscle. Which those things can happen while still on a diet plan that's not very healthy. So if made the changes, switched back to lean chicken, steak is maybe weekly, no bacon for the last 2 weeks, no fast food the last 2 weeks, got my fiber up to 50+ grams per day and some other health changes. My plan is to stick with this nutrition moving forward indefinitely. However I plan to get another lipid panel in 3-4 months depending on recovery from gyno surgery. I have the pre-op for that in 3 weeks and I'm getting more excited for the surgery. Not quite sure when it got out of hand these last 2 years but looking forward to the look of my physique after. I've lost a little over 3 lbs the last 2 weeks with minor changes and as I get leaner the gyno shows thru more so just a constant reminder to be vigilant to any warning signs after. Lastly I sent my deposit this week to secure a prep spot with Team Skip. For my last 2-3 preps I've used skip loading with good success now I'm going to work with the creator and learn first hand what I did right and what I did wrong and hopefully bring my best package ever to the stage.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Since the last update everything has been going well. I'm down to 236 with noticeably more definition. I think the surgeon will be happy. However it has also made the gyno more prominent as I get leaner which is a hard pill to swallow. But I'm definitely looking forward to getting it removed, 22 days and counting. I do plan on taking before and after pics no matter how embarrassing. I really feel the most growth of the gyno has happened within the last 2 years. Now the only thing I can think of is the times I added in orals, but even then I'm not sure. I've always tried to keep estrogen in check but I think that has even been to my own detriment because I've used higher dosages of AI which doesn't help lipids. All in all with the improved diet, getting gyno removed, dropping test to 200 after surgery and being able to just use Tamoxifen should hopefully set me up for a good lipid panel once I spend 8-12 weeks after surgery.

I also gave my deposit to Skip to secure a competition spot with him next year. So I have to do what's necessary to get things in check so I can compete next year.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Tomorrow is my surgery date, I'm definitely more excited than nervous. However tomorrow that could change. I'm not looking forward to two weeks out of the gym but it's necessary and I'm looking at it as a deload. Even once I go back I won't be able to jump right into high intensity but I’ll still do my best to challenge myself while recovering. This week I'm running 325 sust for the week and next week I'll be down to 200 mg weekly and I will start taking Nolvadex daily. The plan is to keep those dosages for 4 weeks then get my testosterone and e2 tested. Once I get numbers on that I can decide what to do from there. The continued goal is to have the best bloodwork with my improved nutrition, hrt test dosage and the least harmful serm/AI. Attached are pics of gyno before surgery.

http://imgur.com/a/yCbQz5n
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

][/img]
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

This update will focus on my gyno removal surgery up to today which is basically 3 weeks post op. When doing the surgery, I had the options of local anesthesia or going under. I chose the local to save money, if you have the extra, I will say going under would make this surgery a breeze. However, the local is doable but there are some pitfalls. Before the surgery when they administer the local to the area the first few shots of the needle are painful but manageable. After a few shots you start to feel it less and less but there is always a least a little sensation. Then you wait for the shots to really kick in. I chose to listen to music to help pass the time. My surgery was a bit over 90 mins start to finish. Most of the time I could feel pressure, moving parts and just a general sense of what was going on. However, there were multiple points on each side where the local anesthesia level was either not high enough or not in there. I did need to get more shots to numb those areas. This generally came after a sharp intense bit of pain. I’m not sure of the actual took that was used but when the nerves in a specific area were not numbed enough, I knew it. I’d say combined I was in double digits for the number of times I felt it. After one side I asked if we could preemptively add more to the side he was about to start working on. That wasn’t possible because the idea is to use as little as possible and there is a max amount, I could receive so we only wanted to add it to specific areas when I felt pain. The post op nurse did make a comment to me that she was impressed for only using local. After removing as much as possible from each side they sewed up my nipple area and added drains. You also get fitted with a vest or compressions garment which is key to keeping swelling down. While your drains are in you take antibiotics and must check and measure your drains every 12 hours. I was able to get off pain killers the 3rd day after surgery and I wore my vest for about 95% of time after the surgery up till my 1-week post op where the drain was removed. Then at 2 weeks out I started lifting again but no direct pec work, so I also avoid machines that are chest supported. Even after I stopped wearing the vest, I chose to wear some compression shirts, for me this wasn’t for swelling or anything, but the nipple area was still very sensitive to fabric on it. Now approaching my 3 weeks out I only wear compression shirt while working out or if the shirt I’m wearing seems to be causing discomfort. I imagine by week 4 post op I will only be wearing the shirts for working out. I haven’t noticed a decline yet in my training except I am choosing more machines as to not have to lift plates. Once I hit my 6 weeks, I’ll go back to my previous training program. I also have a 6 week post op appointment and will be doing a 6 month post op from what I understand. Knowing what I know now I would totally still do the removal. Even with the pain during surgery and some of the small uncomfortable inconveniences during recovery I feel so much better about my physique. It was worth it for me. Now I already have a plan to get my test and E2 checked a little after 4 weeks post op, then plan is to be way more accurate with my estrogen control. However, if anything were to come back, they will fix it for free so that is a weight off my shoulders as well. Currently running 200 mg sust weekly along with 30 mg Nolva daily. I will adjust up or down or even to a stronger AI once I get numbers from bloodwork.