PSL Log

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Phill

Re: PSL Log

Post by Phill »

Marvel3203 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:00 pm This update will focus on my gyno removal surgery up to today which is basically 3 weeks post op. When doing the surgery, I had the options of local anesthesia or going under. I chose the local to save money, if you have the extra, I will say going under would make this surgery a breeze. However, the local is doable but there are some pitfalls. Before the surgery when they administer the local to the area the first few shots of the needle are painful but manageable. After a few shots you start to feel it less and less but there is always a least a little sensation. Then you wait for the shots to really kick in. I chose to listen to music to help pass the time. My surgery was a bit over 90 mins start to finish. Most of the time I could feel pressure, moving parts and just a general sense of what was going on. However, there were multiple points on each side where the local anesthesia level was either not high enough or not in there. I did need to get more shots to numb those areas. This generally came after a sharp intense bit of pain. I’m not sure of the actual took that was used but when the nerves in a specific area were not numbed enough, I knew it. I’d say combined I was in double digits for the number of times I felt it. After one side I asked if we could preemptively add more to the side he was about to start working on. That wasn’t possible because the idea is to use as little as possible and there is a max amount, I could receive so we only wanted to add it to specific areas when I felt pain. The post op nurse did make a comment to me that she was impressed for only using local. After removing as much as possible from each side they sewed up my nipple area and added drains. You also get fitted with a vest or compressions garment which is key to keeping swelling down. While your drains are in you take antibiotics and must check and measure your drains every 12 hours. I was able to get off pain killers the 3rd day after surgery and I wore my vest for about 95% of time after the surgery up till my 1-week post op where the drain was removed. Then at 2 weeks out I started lifting again but no direct pec work, so I also avoid machines that are chest supported. Even after I stopped wearing the vest, I chose to wear some compression shirts, for me this wasn’t for swelling or anything, but the nipple area was still very sensitive to fabric on it. Now approaching my 3 weeks out I only wear compression shirt while working out or if the shirt I’m wearing seems to be causing discomfort. I imagine by week 4 post op I will only be wearing the shirts for working out. I haven’t noticed a decline yet in my training except I am choosing more machines as to not have to lift plates. Once I hit my 6 weeks, I’ll go back to my previous training program. I also have a 6 week post op appointment and will be doing a 6 month post op from what I understand. Knowing what I know now I would totally still do the removal. Even with the pain during surgery and some of the small uncomfortable inconveniences during recovery I feel so much better about my physique. It was worth it for me. Now I already have a plan to get my test and E2 checked a little after 4 weeks post op, then plan is to be way more accurate with my estrogen control. However, if anything were to come back, they will fix it for free so that is a weight off my shoulders as well. Currently running 200 mg sust weekly along with 30 mg Nolva daily. I will adjust up or down or even to a stronger AI once I get numbers from bloodwork. 
thanks for taking the time to share

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Since my last update things have been going well. My nipple sensitivity is definitely decreasing, I no longer need to wear a compression shirt. I'm using some scar cream for the incisions and overall I'm still very happy I did the surgery. Honestly I feel a lot more confident in my physique and less insecurity for sure. I'm still running 200 mg sust weekly with 30 mg Nolvadex daily. I have a blood draw appointment on Friday. This will test my e2 and testosterone level. After I get numbers I will adjust as necessary to keep e2 in the mid to low normal physiological range and test in the higher range of normal. If that looks good then everything stays the same for another 4 weeks or so. Then I'll get my lipid panel done. If things have improved and look good I plan on doing another blast cycle. As for right now things are still progressing in workouts so I hope muscle is still being added, just not as fast as when I'm on higher dosages. Unfortunately I do have another possible surgery, my plastic surgeon noticed a naval hernia. I have an upcoming appointment to get it checked and possibly schedule to get that fixed soon. If that is needed it should be the last obstacle I need to handle to then focus fully on returning to the stage in 2022, hopefully. I say hopefully because sometimes life gets in the way. So we'll see . . .
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

[quote=Phill post_id=7780 time=1627534807

thanks for taking the time to share
[/quote]

You're welcome and thanks for following my log.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Since my last update I got some blood work done for my test level and estrogen. I decided early on if my test level was in the top quartile I would leave my dosage alone and if estrogen was off I would switch to a stronger AI. On 200 mg of sust weekly my test level is at 1168 so just over the top of normal range. Honestly I was surprised by this. So I won't be making any changes but I also know I can lower the dosage to be in a normal physiological range is needed. My estrogen however was 82 which is way higher than I want it to be. Daunte suggested anything over 75 is high. I was using 30 mg Nolvadex daily, after getting my results I immediately switched to micro dosing aromasin as Daunte suggested. I'll continue the same sust and aromasin dosing for another 4 weeks or so. At which time I will get a lipid panel and get my estrogen tested again with the micro dosing protocol.

As for everything else nutrition is going well, I'm slowly increasing my daily calories. Training is continuing to progress and I'm getting PR's weekly. I've also been able to start training pecs again and I'm learning new ways to train chest without solely relying on heavy weight due to my multiple pec tears.

Phill

Post by Phill »

after how long since the last injection did you take bloodworks?

how much micro-aromasin do you take?and how often?

Thanks
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Phill wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:12 am after how long since the last injection did you take bloodworks?

how much micro-aromasin do you take?and how often?

Thanks
I took a 100 mg shot Wednesday night and got my blood draw Friday midmorning.

I'm taking 2-3 mg of aromasin morning and night now. My e2 on the bloodwork above is from Nolvadex and its too high.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Nothing much to update on, I'm continuing my 200 mg weekly. My nutrition is still 80% clean and my weight is slowly going up while my leanness is holding. Next week I'll get my blood draw for a lipid panel. If everything looks better I'll plan on starting a blast asap. I'd love to get 1 blast cycle in before my hernia surgery. Once I'm able to get back in the gym after it I'll be starting prep within a couple weeks. Looking forward to competing next year, but my body needed this health phase and I needed to improve my nutrition.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

I received a new lipid profile and I can definitely say I'm very happy. All of my numbers in improved, some more drastic than others. HDL is usually hard for me to raise but even that goy up to 30. I checked my notes and I haven't seen 30 since 2018. Daunte like the results as well. To me that's the green light to blast lol. I've reached out to PSL to get more supplies for a 8 week blast. With my hernia surgery at the end of November I decided I would blast during October and November then use December as a health phase. In January I plan to start prep however I may still cruise during the first couple weeks. With the way this off season has gone and how well things are working together outside of dosage alone I've decided I don't need to go crazy high. I believe a moderate cycle along with continuing exactly what I'm doing now will get me to the goal of 250 with visible abs in the off season. I want to come in peeled at the absolute top of heavy weight class.

Phill

Post by Phill »

Marvel3203 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 pm I received a new lipid profile and I can definitely say I'm very happy. All of my numbers in improved, some more drastic than others. HDL is usually hard for me to raise but even that goy up to 30. I checked my notes and I haven't seen 30 since 2018. Daunte like the results as well. To me that's the green light to blast lol. I've reached out to PSL to get more supplies for a 8 week blast. With my hernia surgery at the end of November I decided I would blast during October and November then use December as a health phase. In January I plan to start prep however I may still cruise during the first couple weeks. With the way this off season has gone and how well things are working together outside of dosage alone I've decided I don't need to go crazy high. I believe a moderate cycle along with continuing exactly what I'm doing now will get me to the goal of 250 with visible abs in the off season. I want to come in peeled at the absolute top of heavy weight class.

These are good numbers.

Good job!
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Phill wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 am
Marvel3203 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 pm I received a new lipid profile and I can definitely say I'm very happy. All of my numbers in improved, some more drastic than others. HDL is usually hard for me to raise but even that goy up to 30. I checked my notes and I haven't seen 30 since 2018. Daunte like the results as well. To me that's the green light to blast lol. I've reached out to PSL to get more supplies for a 8 week blast. With my hernia surgery at the end of November I decided I would blast during October and November then use December as a health phase. In January I plan to start prep however I may still cruise during the first couple weeks. With the way this off season has gone and how well things are working together outside of dosage alone I've decided I don't need to go crazy high. I believe a moderate cycle along with continuing exactly what I'm doing now will get me to the goal of 250 with visible abs in the off season. I want to come in peeled at the absolute top of heavy weight class.

These are good numbers.

Good job!
Thanks, excited about them so now I get to blast and try to grow some muscle.