PSL Log

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Marvel3203

Re: PSL Log

Post by Marvel3203 »

Phill wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:23 am -9 weeks ... now the fun begins
don't give up big boy
Definitely not, looking forward to getting peeled.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Today is 6.5 weeks out from my competition. My coach and I had a discussion and this year may not be the best chance for the pro card. If we can get some good improvements this off season then next year may be a possibility. I'm still deciding if I want to do a 2nd local show.

This morning I was 205.6 so we should definitely fit into light-heavy weight. If I get to 197 may even do classic physique. Currently I'm running per week 450 EQ, 300 test cyp, 300 test prop, 300 masteron and 300 tren ace. We also add in 50 mg winstrol daily. My cardio is up to an hour 6 days a week with 4 training days. Calories are at 3190 on rest days and 3773 on training days.

So far this has been one of my easier preps. I would be at cardio every day by this time and maybe even 2 hours in previous preps. I'm 99% sure I'm keep my coach in the off season for the first time ever. If I had the ability to do this when I was younger I bet I'd be further ahead. It is what it is, a pro card in the masters division is still a pro card.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

It’s been a while since my last update. While life has thrown some curveballs at me, I have kept on the path. As you can see in my update pictures things are getting serious. Right now, I am on 60 mins of cardio 6 days a week. Current nutrition for training days are 406 protein, 358 carb & 80 fat, rest days are 370 protein, 212 carb & 92 fat. I have never eaten this much and got this lean. Today the scale read 196.8 which means I am under the light-heavy weight limit so now its just about getting the most fat off. I assume I have another 5-10 to lose which should give me plenty of room to carb up.
Chemistry wise I am still on PSL gear with 450 mg weekly EQ, 450 weekly Test prop, 300 weekly masteron, 300 mg weekly Tren Ace and 50 mg winstrol daily. The energy level is low, but I am still getting good workouts. Once you get this lean and see yourself in the mirror at the gym its hard not to get amped up and really push. Right now, caffeine is my friend. I’m also running a bunch of health supplements listed below:

NAC – 600 mg x 3
Astralagus – 1 gram x 3
Low dose aspirin - 81 mg x 1
Coq-10 – 100 mg x 1
Krill oil – 1 gram x 3
Berberine – 500 mg x 2
Citrus Bergamot – 500 mg x 2
True Nutrition EAA Plus
Arimidex day after injection
Boron 3 mg x 3
Yohimbine hcl 10 mg daily
Without looking too far ahead once this show is over, I’m excited to have a coach in the off season for the first time and see what we can do. Lastly huge thank you to PSL the best vendor out there.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Been a little bit since my update. Life can get busy when you are prepping, working & have a family. I’m currently sitting at 194.6 lbs. so under my cap for light heavyweight. Which means for the first time I can start to carb up before I actually weigh in. This week as been pretty eventful I got my new posing trunks, and I did some one on one posing with bodybuilding pro Adam Young. The pics below are what we worked on. Left will be the original and the right will be the new fixed pose. Surprisingly my diet hasn’t changed since 7 weeks out. We have just continuously lost body fat with cardio. I’m still doing 60 mins a day 6 days a week. I’m running PSL gear at 450 EQ weekly, 450 test prop weekly, 450 Masteron weekly, 300 tren ace weekly and 50 mg of winstrol daily. I’m sitting at 9 days out and a bit sad I don’t get to load this week but its all to be my best on stage. I feel pretty good about where I am and have even spoke with some trusted sources whose opinion I value. Of course, a monster could show up but I’m confident I’ll place top 5. Have to keep working on my posing and take it day by day now. 

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

The dust has cleared and here is where we are at. It was a small turnout so not a great chance to see how I stack up. I took 2nd place in master’s & open light heavyweight. The guy who beat me ended up taking the overall. It’s evident that my upper body needs work. Still waiting on feedback but I know that will be the deciding factor. So, I took a couple days and eat whatever I want using portion control. Now I’m at 80% on plan with that shifting more to 100% by this weekend. Having the accountability of a coach in the off season should really be helpful.
The immediate plan is this week I do light workouts just complete this deload after the competition. Then we go into 12 weeks of training where recovery is the main goal. The entire posterior chain will be the focus of this off season however I plan to try to improve chest & delts with whatever recovering powers I have left from keying on posterior chain. We are still digging into the training and what we want to accomplish. I know my route will be 1-2 planned workouts for each day they just keep cycling those until I literally get no progress thru weight or reps.
Nutrition is already above 5k with most meals being 50 grams protein, 100 grams carbs & 8 grams fat. I did all of prep using PSL supps and plan to ask for more for the off season. I will be transitioning into a trt phase and then going from there with what the coach wants. Within the next few weeks, I plan to get some bloodwork to see what’s off and fix it after. Cardio goes back in at 5 times a week for 30 mins in the morning starting Thursday.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

It’s been a while since my last update. As always sometimes life makes things incredibly busy and things have to be put on the back burner. Since the show I’ve been focused on bringing things back into balance. Spending more time with my family and repaying the time I was away to prep. This sport can be hard on relationships so its key to make those a priority after periods of prepping.

Pure bodybuilding stuff has been new and different. My coach fully took over my training program, I choose the exercises based on the format he wants and now I just execute. For right now it seems to be a little less volume than I used to do but we are also recovering and cruising. Nutrition of course is the hardest part because even though I am eating a good amount of food I could eat more and for a couple days I was adding in snacks and things off plan. So, we reeled that back in. Currently eating 5,200 calories on training days and 4,400 on non-training days. I expect this to go up at some point. Cardio is 5 times a week at 30 mins, I figured this keeps my heart healthy and keeps my appetite higher.

Supplementation wise I have all my supplements in to help get my lipid profile in order, we are also using 200 mg Test Cyp weekly with 200 mg Masteron Prop weekly for any estrogen. The plan is to do this for 6 weeks, get a blood test done and then see if/what needs to be fixed to be in ranges I find acceptable.

Lastly, my mood is good, sleeping way better than prep and getting back to a normal life while also making progress in the gym. We are only a few weeks out from the show so the real test will be to continue to be this consistent months down the line.
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Sorry it’s been awhile since my last update. Sometimes life gets busy, and I drop the ball on some things. I however have been staying accountable towards my bodybuilding progress. Weight is slowly creeping up each week as we are currently cruising on 200 mg test & 200 mgs Masteron weekly. I’m sitting around mid 230’s this week. My conditioning is holding well as you can tell from the photos. Progress in the gym is steadily progressing. Looking forward to a successful off season.
No part of the busyness was that I was running out of Masteron recently. I had put in an order with PSL however after 10 days of my order status not changing and being in customs I reached out. In hindsight I was right it did get confiscated but being the best vendor, they got right on sending me a replacement order domestically. I honestly could not ask for more. I did end up having to cut my Masteron dose in half for a couple shots, but it is what it is. Glad the 2nd try made a touchdown. Last week I also got a blood draw done to look at my numbers. I am currently discussing it with my coach. Once we decide what to do, I will post results as well as my plan moving forward. For now, it is just keep doing the same thing day in and day out when life allows. When life does get crazy just do the best you can.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

It’s been a few weeks and here is what’s new.
After getting blood work done most of my health markers came back in range. Now some of these were still on the edges of the range. One in particular the HDL came back higher than it’s been the last 5 years. (pics below).
Some interesting pieces of info I wanted to highlight was as always PSL provides a great product that I trust, while using 200 mg Test & 200 mg Masteron weekly my Testosterone Total was 975 I feel pretty good about this. I’ve heard others get higher and lower results from the same dosing. So per usual it is just a difference in genetics and how our body’s process things. My Estradiol was also 35 with the high end range being 39. Again, I felt good about this. This is the first time in my bodybuilding career that I wasn’t using an AI and my estrogen is in check. I know this was very beneficial for my lipids so it's good to know I can do this moving forward.
I felt comfortable with my blood work, but my coach felt it could be better, he felt my numbers could be more in range for lipids and he wants to see my EGFR improve. Taking in his expertise, longevity in the sport and my health for after bodybuilding I agreed with him that a completely off period would be beneficial. So, I am currently on my 2nd week of an 8-9 week off cycle. It’s been about 20 days since my last injection. Currently all health supplements remain the same and I’ve added in Clomid based on a plan my coach put together. This is the first time I’ve been off in 5+ years. As of right now the only difference I feel is a bit more tired day to day. We pulled back workout intensity, I still do the same exercises with the same intensity, but the volume is lower. It’s only been a couple weeks but so far everything is still progressing. Nutrition is always the part that I could be better at, I am keeping in shape, but I also know I could still make improvements when it comes to nutrition timing.

Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Checking back in to update my health phase. Currently going on 5 weeks with no AAS. I have 1 more week of clomid followed by 2 weeks of just being off. I will be getting multiple sets of blood work done so we can really see what this off time did for my markers. I will post the results once I get them.

I’ve been aiming to keep my weight in the low 230’s this whole time. I can range anywhere from 230-234 within a week. I adjust my carbs as needed depending on my weight. My coach has discussed with me that once we go back on cycle he would like me to remain in the 230’s and do a recomp. He believes I can continue to add muscle while getting leaner once the AAS is introduced back in. Initially I hesitated since like most bodybuilders I think getting more muscle requires getting heavier but I also would be an idiot not to trust his opinion on something he’s been doing almost as long as I’ve been alive. Even while off cycle I have continued to progress 98% of my exercises. I’ve begun using 2.5 lb plates a lot more. For my weak areas and safety areas I feel adding the 2.5 is safer. Generally, I add the 2.5 per side on all chest exercises, as well as vertical pulling and single armed pulling. Everything else is generally a 5 lb increase on the compound movements. I’m also focusing on time under tension, I’m not timing the sets but I am checking my fitbit timer to make sure that the set is lasting 30-45 secs for my top sets. I feel like I haven’t lost any strength while coming off. There are some physical changes I feel like I look a little softer but that hardness should come back when on cycle.

Lastly, I am trying my best to keep life outside of the gym as consistent as possible. I know I can continue to improve on the nutrition front to make sure I get in my 6 meals and make sure those are on plan as well. I look forward to being able to get back in cycle in about a month and make a big push for more muscle growth. 
Marvel3203

Post by Marvel3203 »

Coming to the end of my health phase. Weight is holding steady in the low 230s and training has been continuing to progress.

Below I'll post my most recent lipid panel as well as some current check in photos. I'll be getting more private blood work this week to see my natural testosterone level and estrogen. This weekend I'll be starting back on cycle but only at a trt amount. The plan is to run 200 mg Sustanon a week with 100 mg Masteron a week. Then I'm going to ride that til the results slow and I'll adjust from there. The coach wants recomp at my current weight, no more fat accumulation. Nutrition will stay consistent and lower thru the holidays as well.