Bro Split or Push Pull Legs?

Questions & suggestions,routines,videos,trainers,and other information about training
Pushtoday

Post by Pushtoday »

What's your training split? Is it one muscle group a day, once a week? Or do you do a Push Day, Pull Day, and a Leg Day each twice a week? Or maybe a modified version of one or the other? And for the sake of discussion "WHY"

Currently I'm doing a bro split. It allows me to go hard on each muscle group each day. And I have two rest days a week. However I will run a PPL split right after a vacation or a break from training. That lets me get back into the groove and hit each group sooner after a break.
brosplit.jpg
ppl.jpg
I can see the benefits of both. Training frequency with the PPL, and training intensity with more recovery time with the bro split.

My current split: Sunday Back, Monday Rest, Tuesday Legs, Wednesday Chest, Thursday Shoulders, Friday Arms, Saturday Rest. That's what works best for my life with work and family right now. It will undoubtedly change as my schedule change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdubw44

Re: Bro Split or Push Pull Legs?

Post by cdubw44 »

I liked the PPL a lot I think it really helped with my leg development. Once a week just wasn’t enough for my legs I guess. Running the fortitude system right now for 6 weeks and it’s different only working out 4 days a week and kinda get bored not working out the other days. Seeing good results though so can’t complain.