Deload is necessary?

Questions & suggestions,routines,videos,trainers,and other information about training
MONSTRO

Deload is necessary?

Post by MONSTRO »

I always train hard and heavy until failure each set all my 23 years of training , but some times alot of pain in my joints. Is this a sign i need a deload?

Deload is have a week to reduce weights and never go to failure , the idea is recovery of your body mostly injuries.

Do you think is the best way to achieve more results?

Phill

Re: Deload is necessary?

Post by Phill »

I think that at some point, you have to listen to your body.
taking days off, recovering, resting and then getting back in shape and performing better than before can only do well.

personally, I don't like programming these things, because you cannot know in advance when you will be at the limit.
but as just said, listen to your body and "stop" if and when necessary.
ckcrown84

Post by ckcrown84 »

Deload is necessary and mandatory!

Think about what training is, training is the accumulation of fatigue in a progressive manner that drivers adaptions. By engaging in productive training you are providing an overloading stimulus which accumulates fatigue in the body.

Fatigue dissipates quicker than training effect (meaning you heal quicker than you lose muscle lol)

Deloads
-Allow for fatigue to be reduced (systemic fatigue)
-Allow for muscle to recover (meaning no training stimulus is provided, or a much smaller stimulus MUCH smaller)
-Allow for resensitization to a training volume again. E.g. Ever just do high rep after high rep work for weeks on end and eventually get to a point where finding a pump requires an act of god?
-Reduce injury risk

I personally do a 4:1 paradigm. meaning for every 4 weeks of training I take 1 week to recover.
PSL Sponsored Athlete
Inbox is always open!
Check out our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599597616951957/
Rehh

Post by Rehh »

I have so many unplanned days off I never need a deload, Some people might need one occasionally
samgraves82

Post by samgraves82 »

I came to reply especially since this is relevant to me at the moment but i think Phil and ck said it all
UNCLE Z REP
PM FOR QUESTIONS
WWW.UNCLEZ.RU TO ORDER/LIST
[email protected] FOR ORDER QUESTIONS
FB GROUP LINK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599597 ... ?ref=share
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Phil said almost all yes. Deload is necessary some times , but when? when you need , you no progress and tired , joint pain etc...
I think deload is almost like cheat meal, do when is necessary .
But you can do 3 weeks on 1 deload ( low intensity workouts)

In the past i train 7 days a week without deload and nothing , but now im smart and rest 2 days week after legs and back days.

In this sport most of the times less is more.