Is failure in each set a must?

Questions & suggestions,routines,videos,trainers,and other information about training
MONSTRO

Is failure in each set a must?

Post by MONSTRO »

Do you think not going to failure is better for gains?

Im a hardcore bodybuilder and i always go to failure every set and some times after i do rest pauses and finish with drop sets , is this crazy?

I try to train without failure but i always go because i love the pain.

But maybe i stress to much central nervous system and cant recover incresing alot cortisol?

Vision

Re: Is failure in each set a must?

Post by Vision »

MONSTRO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:00 pm Do you think not going to failure is better for gains?

Im a hardcore bodybuilder and i always go to failure every set and some times after i do rest pauses and finish with drop sets , is this crazy?

But maybe i stress to much central nervous system and cant recover incresing alot cortisol?
The prophet himself brakes it down is perfect words my brother..

www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.

MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

But what is your opinion ?

Good training routine for top athlete ?
Macedog24

Post by Macedog24 »

MONSTRO wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:00 pm Do you think not going to failure is better for gains?

This is what I like to do. Got to failure and incorporate dropsets to failure and supersets..
Rehh

Post by Rehh »

I don't do much drop sets but I do try to go to failure on most working sets
Macedog24

Post by Macedog24 »

Rehh wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm I don't do much drop sets but I do try to go to failure on most working sets
Doing triceps pushdowns I pyramid up. (On every exercise) Adding weight each set. Last set 5th I would incorporate a dropsets. So if I'm doing 160 on my last set I drop to say 120 til failure and then immediately to 80 til failure.
Seated tricep dips. Say I work up to 450 5plates each side. Last set I strip off one plate each side and complete til failure and then immediately remove another plate each side rep til failure. Til I have only 2 plates left on each side..

Shrugs is another good one on last set dropsets rep til failure.
Preacher curl
Leg press but I remove 2 each side.
The pump is so sick and addictive when doing this.. also personally my strength has always continues to grow this way.
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

We love the pump , is amazing but our biggest goal is to grow muscle. As a perfectionist i go to gym to improve not to do what i like , so i try to find what is the best method to grow.

To failure or not? is necessary or is to much stress?