Peaking thoughts (power-lifting) & Cycle

Questions & suggestions,routines,videos,trainers,and other information about training
ckcrown84

Peaking thoughts (power-lifting) & Cycle

Post by ckcrown84 »

Damnit! I redid the same weight I did June 6th. Whoops, thats what I get for not double checking the journal before leaving!

Saturdays workout (6/20)

Heavy Set of 1: 430lbsx1

Competition Bench: 385lbs 10x1
275lbs floor press 1x11 1x5

Notes:
Heavy set of 1 is done every other week currently and am supposed to beat my previous number by a small increment. Notice these are heavy but fast, which means I have plenty of room to add weight to the bar as two things happen:
1) neurologically I get better at handling heavy loads - this happens over the next 2-3 weeks and more making me stronger. I get this effect because I typically don't train heavy in training (I don't max, or attempt maxes). Thus I become more neurologically proficient at using my muscles at pressing heavy loads.

2) I add weight (5-10lbs) each week, the bar becomes slightly slower each week as it becomes increasingly more difficult for me to complete the lift

The way I have these every other week workouts designed is that they eventually converge with my main movement which is on this day 10x1.

My main movement this day is also competition bench, but lighter. Currently it is at 10 sets of 1 rep. Very specific to the goal of 1 repetition being performed to specific standards. Every week these sets will reduce and the weight on the bar will increase. This can look a lot of ways to a lot of people, but here is an example
10x1
8x1 +add weight
6x1 +add weight
4x1+add weight
2x1+add weight
1x1+add weight

By the time I get to my Max day we will have already converged my "heavy" bench day with my primary bench workout.
If I were to forecast I want to say that by the time we get to the 5x1 area we will be seeing pretty smooth benches at 450lbs or slightly over. I mean, we are at a very fast 430lbs now.

I have one more "heavy" session before my next deload (and vacation) on July 4th. That heavy day I will probably do a 445lbs heavy bench. The speed at which that moves will tell me a lot. Take note though, even if it moves great doesn't mean I will make any sudden jumps next training block. I will likely just slowly inch it up. I do not want to risk any injuries.

Some nice to have numbers would be:
3x1 at 470
1x1 at 490 or 495

I am not holding my breath for either of those two.

Right now the key is:
1) Change my cycle base and get some health markers right. Will be doing Euro Pharmacies Test and Masteron.
2) Watch my volume on Monday workouts and keep an open mind to reducing workouts if needed. Right now the key is RECOVERY not getting bigger.

We will be hitting the volume hard again after this prep. Right now I am sustaining my muscle mass on Monday and Wednesday workouts that both involve a bit of volume but extremely scaled back compared to my off season.
Monday will be scaled back next as we get closer to competition.

PSL Sponsored Athlete
Inbox is always open!
Check out our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2599597616951957/