Fruit / Frutose on bodybuilding diet?

Nutrition questions, info, meal propping and recipes
MONSTRO

Fruit / Frutose on bodybuilding diet?

Post by MONSTRO »

This is a huge tabu , some people said fruits / fructose are a great sources of vitamins and minerals and great for health , but alot of people said frutose are toxic to body , and only need to restore liver glicogen and the rest will turn in fat on body.

Do you think fruit is good on diet as carb source? or no?

Gh15 always said pinnagle is the best fruit because of the enzimes and a great sugar to use after insulin shot. and banana is another great fruit.

Jozifp103

Re: Fruit / Frutose on bodybuilding diet?

Post by Jozifp103 »

From what I understand about fructose, it's not a very good carb for bodybuilding. Basically you have 3 types of monosaccharides (simple sugars) that our bodies can absorb; glucose, fructose, and galactose. Glucose is what is converted to glycogen to be stored in the muscles and liver. Our muscles can ONLY convery glucose into glycogen. They cannot convert fructose or galactose into glycogen. However the liver CAN. But the liver only has a small (100g) capacity for storing glycogen, whereas your muscles have about 400+ grams of storage or more depending on your size and musculature. So let's say your liver's glycogen stores are at full capacity and you have excess glucose in your system from eating something sugary. Luckily in this case your muscles can convert glucose into glycogen so it will likely be stored in your muscles and not as fat. Now same scenario except now it excess FRUCTOSE in your system. Well your liver can't take it in because it's full, and your muscles can't convert it to glycogen so where does it go? Stored as fat.

So basically to make a long story short. Fructose cannot be stored in the muscles so it does nothing for muscle energy, fullness etc...and it's the most likely sugar to be stored as fat.
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

So why many bodybuilders carb up with bananas? And pinnacles to , maybe for digestive enzimes ?

Why most of them use bananas in offseason and pinnacle as pre contest ?
Jozifp103

Post by Jozifp103 »

I truly don't know brother. I'm just posting what I understand to be true about the nature of fructose in the body. Perhaps there are other benefits to bananas and other fruits that I'm unaware of. I know bananas are a good source of potassium which is a very important electrolyte and aids in muscle contraction and helps prevent cramping. Could have something to do with it.

Fruit sugars (fructose) can be converted to glycogen in the liver and utilized in your muscles...but that's only if your liver is not already saturated with glycogen which it usually is most of the time of you're a bodybuilder who eats a ton of calories.
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

To be safe is best to cut fruit from diet even in the off season. I love fruit but i need to get better so lets cut it.
Oldman

Post by Oldman »

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with cutting all fruit simply because of the nutritional value. My favorite as a desert is a bowl of frozen mixed berries, it's kinda like my ice cream.
Lowest fructose fruits.
Oranges.
Kiwi Fruit.
Berries.
Ripe Bananas.
Cantaloupe.
Papaya.
Pumpkin.
Avocado.
Acai.
Yankindeez

Post by Yankindeez »

Fruit provides some of the lowest calorie dense food there is. It' s amazing for cutting. You would need a lot of fructose to actually store it as fat when you're active. At the end of the day it's about the laws of thermodynamics. Only people I would not recommend fruit to is if you're on a full on bulk
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

I see alot of pros using fruit juice at meals ( alot during day ) , post workout shake with dextrose they use fruit juice .
Kiliador

Post by Kiliador »

Seems like it's a easy way to get carbs in, and it's a fast digestion carb, perfect for post workout with whey protein.
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Antoine Vaillant uses fruit juice in every meal to achieve the macros on carbs, GH15 said pinnacle juice is the best carb to use with insulin and after workout with egg withes is the best, and most people said is not good to replenish glicogen?