SARMS diary log

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Madmattward

SARMS diary log

Post by Madmattward »

Hi all,
This is my SARMS stack diary log, but before I get to it, a little back ground. I have suffered from excessive inflammation around my hips over the past 9 months. This is primarily caused by moderate arthritis in the hips (caused by years of martial arts, a lifetime of mountaineering, 3 years in the Royal Marines Reserves, and many years strength training). Work can be physically arduous at times causing crippling pain in the hips, so excess ROM involving hip flexion and extension needed to be avoided. I can’t even sleep on my sides due to the impact on my sciatic nerve. Piriformis syndrome, IT band syndrome, it’s all been affected. However, you live and learn how best to adapt, and figure out that the years of the same exercise patterns have also created a repetitive strain type injury that now needs assistance to overcome. As a result, I’ve had to seriously rethink my training style, and also take a break from regular training. Also I have sought treatment beyond what the UK NHS is willing to offer. Currently awaiting a referral, and hoping to go down the route of Prolotherapy.
Physio has been no help, so in the meantime I have turned to alternate remedies.
My goal, improved recovery and joint strength, a return to regular training, increase in size and strength, a sense of overall well-being.
So, my journey has led me here, and SARMS as my first step in active recovery. I have acquired Prednisone online, and am currently taking a weekly 40mg dose to calm my inflammation, I am off setting the cortisol negatives with high dose Vit C and by taking a weekly dose of Prednisone rather than daily, so I should be able to keep the catabolism down to a minimum.
I have purchased from PSL Cardarine, Ligandrol, Rad 140 and MK 677. The Ligandrol and Rad 140 for bulk, Cardarine for the cholesterol benefit, and MK for the GH, to assist the joints (Had I done my research better, I would’ve swapped out the Cardarine for Ostarine for the additional joint support).
My funds are limited, and over the next couple of years I plan to try a variety of different, SARMS and Peds. (And yes, I aim to overcome my aversion to needles, as I know in the end I’ll need to incorporate Test).
My log is below, and I’ll update it weekly as I go. I’m building my work level up slowly in conjunction with my SARMS intake. I’m training 6 days on and 2 off, to fit in with my work shift pattern. Most training sessions are between 5am and 6am, with a flavour of Mentzer HIT - 5-6 exercises using 3 sets of 6 reps following a 5150 rep protocol (with significantly reduced weights to what I used on Stronglifts 5x5). I have to say, I enjoy the fight of such long reps, muscles are fully fatigued after 3 sets. I supplement with second sessions on alternate days with Rowing, barbell complexes and kettlebell swings, as time allows. (Also regular dog walking).
I should monitor my diet more and count calories, but I’m a bit past it. I enjoy my food and drink with my family, so I try to keep it healthy and to an 8-10 hour window. I supplement using essential amino acids, gelatine, and eat eggs like there’s no tomorrow! (Has anyone else found that adding a raw egg to protein powders helps to mix it into the water/milk?)

Week1 - 7/9/20
Weight 188.6
LGD 2mg am x1tab
Card 5mg am x1tab
Rad 5mg am x1tab
MK 5mg pm x1/2 tab

Week 1 finished, feeling good getting back into a regular routine, muscles sore but hard, and a couple of the sessions midweek I felt strong throughout, but now glad of the recovery days as feeling the DOMS. No adverse effects from the SARMS, so looking forward to increasing the dosage. A little disappointed with the MK, thought it may help me sleep better but still struggling, maybe as the dose increases it will kick in. I have some melatonin which I may add in this week. Body weight has gone up 4lbs, though too soon to tell if that’s a permanent addition.
Roll on week 2.

Week 2 Commencing - 14/9/20
Weight - 193.0
LGD 4mg am x2tabs
Card 10mg am x2tabs
Rad 5mg am x1tab
MK 10mg pm x1tab

Week 3 - 21/9/20
Weight
LGD 6mg am x3tabs
Card 15mg am x3tabs
Rad 7.5 am x1 1/2 tabs
MK 20mg pm x2tabs

Phill

Re: SARMS diary log

Post by Phill »

great log
keep it up

lgd + rad seems like a great stack to me, then adding the others is the icing on the cake
Madmattward

Post by Madmattward »

Phill wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 am great log
keep it up

lgd + rad seems like a great stack to me, then adding the others is the icing on the cake
Cheers Phill, been following your summer cycle and seriously impressed with your results! Shoulders look rock solid mate!
Eager to see how you get on with the YK11 too.
Phill

Post by Phill »

Madmattward wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:11 am
Phill wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 am great log
keep it up

Cheers Phill, been following your summer cycle and seriously impressed with your results! Shoulders look rock solid mate!
Eager to see how you get on with the YK11 too.
oooh yk11 is really good.
I recommend you try it! ;)
Phill

Post by Phill »

I am interested to know something about rad140.
I wanted to try rad140 + yk11

I'm waiting for your updates
Madmattward

Post by Madmattward »

So, 2 weeks in and about to increase the doses again. So far the physical effects have been quite subtle. Towards the end of this second week I’ve been able to ramp up the training volume with some improved recovery, but that’s the main noticeable effect from the LGD and Rad. I think the Rad will need a higher dose to really get the best out of it in my workouts.
The MK I really feel kicking in, with a rise in heart rate, which is a little disconcerting, and I’m not gaining any improved sleep. As such I may split the planned 20mg dose in two initially, 10mg am and pm.
I may also increase the Rad to the suggested 10mg dose, 5mg am and pm.

All in all, I’m starting to increase my level of training, and I’m gaining muscle weight with marginal fat loss. It’s all moving in the right direction, and I’m eager to see what the next 4 weeks bring with the higher doses.

Week 3 - 21/9/20
Weight 197.00lb
LGD 6mg am x3tabs
Card 15mg am x3tabs
Rad 10mg x1tab am and x1tab pm
MK 20mg x1tab am and x1tab pm
A.font817

Post by A.font817 »

Really digging this log... I honestly love using sarms during a nice cruise and even sometimes in my cycle for that extra kick in the ass!!
Madmattward

Post by Madmattward »

A.font817 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:08 am Really digging this log... I honestly love using sarms during a nice cruise and even sometimes in my cycle for that extra kick in the ass!!
Cheers for following, I’ve been a bit busy with work so only just getting round to updating my last Weekly weigh in and progress. 👍
Madmattward

Post by Madmattward »

Week 3 done, and I’m now going to maintain these dosages for the following 3 weeks.

Weight has gone up again slightly, but this week there is a noticeably visible reduction in body fat. I wish I had purchased a set of body fat callipers and done a body fat percentage prior to starting, as I’d be interested to have the numbers to back up my perception.
During training, I’ve been getting some amazing pumps, particularly In my shoulders, and my muscles are feeling harder and tighter. I’m starting to get a nice peak on my Biceps.
My creaky hips, that I’ve been suffering with are less creaky, and feel more stable, also recovery and joint strength are improving.
I’m loving the nice steady whole body improvements, and dare I say slight rejuvenation I’m feeling.
I’m going to make a few changes to dose timings going forward. I’m gonna keep the LGD, Cardarine and Rad to the morning, and then the MK on the evening. I think this’ll fit in better with my body clock, training, work and sleep pattern.
Let’s keep it going!

Week 4 commencing - 28/9/20
Weight 199.2lb
LGD 6mg am x3tabs
Card 15mg am x3tabs
Rad 10mg am x2tabs
MK 20mg pm x2tabs
A.font817

Post by A.font817 »

Madmattward wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm
A.font817 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:08 am Really digging this log... I honestly love using sarms during a nice cruise and even sometimes in my cycle for that extra kick in the ass!!
Cheers for following, I’ve been a bit busy with work so only just getting round to updating my last Weekly weigh in and progress. 👍
Update when you can bro that’s all. Believe me I know all about how busy work can get lol. Been doing 12hr overnight shifts and it sucks!! Can’t wait to have my normal shift back on days.