Testosterone, body composition and aging

Cycle help, AAS info, general information & exchange of opinions

Macedog24

Post by Macedog24 »

Abstract
In addition to growth hormone (GH), sex hormones are important determinants of body composition. Aging is accompanied by a decrease in free testosterone levels and, as BMI as well as fat mass increase with age (with a redistribution of body fat), whereas muscle mass decreases, it is tempting to attribute a causal role to the decrease in androgen levels. In our study involving 372 males aged >20-85, age was found to be positively correlated with BMI and fat mass as measured by impedance, and negatively correlated with levels of free testosterone and free insulin-like growth factor-I. Multiple regression analysis revealed that BMI and age were independent determinants of testosterone levels. The latter decreased from 598+/-188 (SD) ng/dl in the young controls to 453+/-161 ng/dl in the elderly group, free testosterone decreasing from 15.35+/-4.10 to 8.38+/-2.51 ng/dl. Fat-free mass decreased by 18.9%. In a subgroup of 57 men aged 70-80 years, testosterone levels correlated negatively with percentage body fat (r=-0.57), abdominal fat (r=-0.56) and plasma insulin levels (r=-0.40). As GH levels and pulsatility also decrease with age and as, moreover, androgens amplify endogenous secretion of GH, it is not easy to determine the relative role of androgen deficiency in the age-associated changes in body composition. Moreover, increase in fat mass (obesity), as occurs in aging males, is in itself associated with low levels of free testosterone and GH which both normalize after weight reduction. The role of testosterone in the age-associated changes in body composition is, however, further suggested by the increase in lean body mass and in mid-arm circumference and the decrease in waist-to-hip ratio observed after testosterone treatment of elderly men with decreased testosterone levels. Also in healthy eugonadal men, testosterone treatment, at least in supraphysiological doses, causes an important increase in fat-free mass (+/-10%) and in muscle size. The changes in muscle volume are associated with an increase in muscle fibre diameter, suggesting that testosterone induces muscle cell hypertrophy.
conclusion,
aging in males is accompanied by an important increase in fat mass and a decrease in lean body mass. Several indices of body composition are significantly correlated with plasma testosterone levels before and after correction for BMI and age. It is evident, however, that in addition to testosterone levels, the age-associated somatopause is also a determinant of the changes in body composition.

For a full and complete look at the article
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10442580/

Never leave home without it, what's in your pocket?

MONSTRO

Re: Testosterone, body composition and aging

Post by MONSTRO »

Yes testosterone and HGH are bioidentical hormones that our body produces and with time this hormones decline alot and thats why older people gets fat easy. So if you use test and hgh you will increase is levels and keep burning fat and build muscle as a young kid . If you ask me what compounds we should use as we age to keep looking good and feel good i said : HGH + Test
Vision

Post by Vision »

My favorite ester of all time.. user friendly and I have zero site reaction..
I pull the best bloods on test cyp
www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.

MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

People use more E because in europe is more popular and as exemple here in Portugal we only have E and Sustanon on local pharmacy , Cyp is something very used in Brasil because they have on local pharmacy . Its more a culture think but is very important to change compounds to keep growing
Vision

Post by Vision »

MONSTRO wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:00 pm People use more E because in europe is more popular and as exemple here in Portugal we only have E and Sustanon on local pharmacy , Cyp is something very used in Brasil because they have on local pharmacy . Its more a culture think but is very important to change compounds to keep growing
Portugal sust was the very first AAS I ever used.. I miss them.. year was 1996.. :-bd
www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.

MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

I believe Portugal 15 years ago was a huge distributor of testoviron and sustanon because on that time in pharmacy was only 2 euros each amp . One guy here go sell to UK to Dorian Yates (huge profit ) . Now price is alot higher probably because of this .