Favourite pro and why ?

Cycle help, AAS info, general information & exchange of opinions

Jozifp103

Re: Favourite pro and why ?

Post by Jozifp103 »

MONSTRO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm
Jozifp103 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:01 am A close second for me would be Kevin Levrone. The guy was truly gifted. He put on muscle effortlessly. He was one of the only bodybuilders who could actually GROW during contest prep. He is a prime example of genetic superiority. Somehow he never won Mr. O.
Yes for sure Kevin and Flex Wheeler are blessed with amazing genetics , even Chris Cormier but they are good examples of not doing all to is limits like Ronnie did, Dorian did. Kevin lives as a normal human during most part of the year and when he decide compete he begin is prep with a bulking ( since he lose alot of muscle being off ). Thats why he build muscle on contest prep.
I remember watching some bodybuilding documentary and they interviewed Dorian Yates at one point. He admitted that his career ended early due to his reckless training methods. He claims that the main reason his career ended early was due to all the Cortisone shots he got throughout his career to help him train through his injuries. He said the Cortisone reduced the pain and inflammation so he could continue to train even while injured. In addition to that, Cortisone is known to break down muscle and connective tissue so even though it reduces pain and inflammation, it actually slows healing and can do even more damage...especially when you continue to train through your injuries.

Who knows maybe for him it was worth it. Would he have won 6 Olympia titles if he took a softer/smarter approach to his training? Nobody knows.

DarrenW29

Post by DarrenW29 »

Jozifp103 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:05 am
Jozifp103 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:01 am A close second for me would be Kevin Levrone. The guy was truly gifted. He put on muscle effortlessly. He was one of the only bodybuilders who could actually GROW during contest prep. He is a prime example of genetic superiority. Somehow he never won Mr. O.
Yes for sure Kevin and Flex Wheeler are blessed with amazing genetics , even Chris Cormier but they are good examples of not doing all to is limits like Ronnie did, Dorian did. Kevin lives as a normal human during most part of the year and when he decide compete he begin is prep with a bulking ( since he lose alot of muscle being off ). Thats why he build muscle on contest prep.
I remember watching some bodybuilding documentary and they interviewed Dorian Yates at one point. He admitted that his career ended early due to his reckless training methods. He claims that the main reason his career ended early was due to all the Cortisone shots he got throughout his career to help him train through his injuries. He said the Cortisone reduced the pain and inflammation so he could continue to train even while injured. In addition to that, Cortisone is known to break down muscle and connective tissue so even though it reduces pain and inflammation, it actually slows healing and can do even more damage...especially when you continue to train through your injuries.

Who knows maybe for him it was worth it. Would he have won 6 Olympia titles if he took a softer/smarter approach to his training? Nobody knows.
It was ibuprofen that he took for 2 years straight caused damage to his stomach lining

His training caused his torn bicep tricep and he tore his shoulder left weaker after the tendon tear in his tricep his career was over

Only ever trained 5-6 reps.
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Take something like cortisone or even ibuprofen to reduce the pain of injuries knowing that this will reduce muscle grow , increase cortisol, water retention is not a smart idea . Cortisone makes you look like shit in just days , how he get so ripped on stage using this crap .
Jozifp103

Post by Jozifp103 »

DarrenW29 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:58 pm

It was ibuprofen that he took for 2 years straight caused damage to his stomach lining

His training caused his torn bicep tricep and he tore his shoulder left weaker after the tendon tear in his tricep his career was over

Dorian claims if he hadn't taken the Cortisone injections then he thinks his injuries would have healed quicker and he wouldn't have kept re-injuring himself. I'm sure it was a combination of many things that ended his career. Who knows which factor(s) really caused it...

I wish I could remember the documentary I watched. It was several years ago. It might have even been on YouTube.
DarrenW29

Post by DarrenW29 »

Jozifp103 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:45 am
DarrenW29 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Dorian claims if he hadn't taken the Cortisone injections then he thinks his injuries would have healed quicker and he wouldn't have kept re-injuring himself. I'm sure it was a combination of many things that ended his career. Who knows which factor(s) really caused it...

I wish I could remember the documentary I watched. It was several years ago. It might have even been on YouTube.
Yeah
Talking of the O it’s going to be interesting this Olympia with flex Lewis competing I think be one of the strongest line ups ever Phils done it still be cool if he did comeback again and compete
MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Flex Lewis is to small to be Mr Olympia , Impossible to compete against taller guys that look always more pleasing and heavier. Why so much talk about Flex if he dont even win against the 2020 Hadi Choopan . Smaller guys never win a open bodybuilding mostly now when you have a 212 category . Dexter wins because jay came very bad and mostly like a gift for someone that competes so many years. Dexter always came condition but never improves from one year to another .

And bodybuilding is improving
DarrenW29

Post by DarrenW29 »

MONSTRO wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:59 pm Flex Lewis is to small to be Mr Olympia , Impossible to compete against taller guys that look always more pleasing and heavier. Why so much talk about Flex if he dont even win against the 2020 Hadi Choopan . Smaller guys never win a open bodybuilding mostly now when you have a 212 category . Dexter wins because jay came very bad and mostly like a gift for someone that competes so many years. Dexter always came condition but never improves from one year to another .

And bodybuilding is improving
We never seen flex Lewis weigh 240s plus best condition glutes genetically

It will be
Ramy
Hadi
flex
William

Top 4
Vision

Post by Vision »

I have 2.. Not just because I'm an older lion (43), it's mainly because of the attitudes and the approach of these 2 guys.
titles and resumes aside.. These two guys have inspired me in many ways. Their words, consistency, dedications and approach is just unmatched.

1) John Meadows
2) Tom Platz
www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.

MONSTRO

Post by MONSTRO »

Vision wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 pm I have 2.. Not just because I'm an older lion (43), it's mainly because of the attitudes and the approach of these 2 guys.
titles and resumes aside.. These two guys have inspired me in many ways. Their words, consistency, dedications and approach is just unmatched.

1) John Meadows
2) Tom Platz
You chose them because they are both humble persons, a huge passion for the sport, John is also a amazing coach if not the best . So you chose someone complete not just a great body or athlete.

Other amazing complete example is Jay Cutler and Flex Lewis
Vision

Post by Vision »

MONSTRO wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:40 pm
Vision wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 pm I have 2.. Not just because I'm an older lion (43), it's mainly because of the attitudes and the approach of these 2 guys.

1) John Meadows
2) Tom Platz
You chose them because they are both humble persons, a huge passion for the sport, John is also a amazing coach if not the best . So you chose someone complete not just a great body or athlete.

Other amazing complete example is Jay Cutler and Flex Lewis
Exactly brutha.. John is the most humble man, I only wish to be half the man he is..
www.PuritySourceLabs.ru
At PSL you will explore our Vision and Core Values –
Here you trust what you believe in and expect, the lowest prices & the highest quality compounds.