150x15 1min Plank x2

Mobster

Re: RoidRage69 Recomp Log Sponsored by PSL

Post by Mobster »

Let's see some real squats too
RoidRage69

Post by RoidRage69 »

I've told you countless times on the other site I am waiting for my shoulder to get to a point that it allows me too do so. Until then no squats or deads. I cant put a bar on my back. Dont have the mobility to do so yet. Its painfull to do so. I had surgery on it in 2019 and re-inured it this spring. It takes time to heal. Its getting there I hope to be able to start hopefully end of Jan. If it hurts I will just say no. I am growing in all the right places without them anyway. If I dont think I can safely squat with 700+lbs in knee sleeves over the next couple years I wont worry about not doing them anyway. I have no intention in entering a comp to squat 600lbs. Would be a waste of my time. If I'm going to do it I want to beat the record in my age group.
Last edited by RoidRage69 on Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RoidRage69

Post by RoidRage69 »

12/24/23

Weight 258.8

Back

Hammer High Rows
300x11
320x10x2

Hammer Pulldown Single-Arm
90x10
115x10x2
Reverse Grip Chest Supported Row
250x7
250x5 Dropset 170x8 115x10
Hammer Shrugs Standing
360x10
360x8
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

RoidRage69 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:47 pm I've told you countless times on the other site I am waiting for my shoulder to get to a point that it allows me too do so. Until then no squats or deads. I cant put a bar on my back. Dont have the mobility to do so yet. Its painfull to do so. I had surgery on it in 2019 and re-inured it this spring. It takes time to heal. Its getting there I hope to be able to start hopefully end of Jan. If it hurts I will just say no. I am growing in all the right places without them anyway. If I dont think I can safely squat with 700+lbs in knee sleeves over the next couple years I wont worry about not doing them anyway. I have no intention in entering a comp to squat 600lbs. Would be a waste of my time. If I'm going to do it I want to beat the record in my age group.
As you'll know I do not have the mobility either to do it with a straight bar. I vary the forms of squats I can do. And your wife isn't squatting with a bar either. Does she have the same mobility issue?

Have a look at my log re what I did to help heal my shoulder. Access to a safety squat bar would be helpful
RoidRage69

Post by RoidRage69 »

She has a nagging shoulder problem that started a couple months ago and came back worse after she tried squatting again so we decided to cut it out until we can safely do it without making the problem worse. I am considering looking around to see if there are any gyms in my area that have a specialty bar so we can squat in that gym instead. We are doing everything we can to get it better. Its improving but very slowly so I dont want to rock the boat and get further behind. Lots of stretching, icing, tens unit, band pull aparts. Im getting closer to be able to touch hands behind back but not close enough yet. Still hurts to do it. It almost feels as though I have a tear in my lat tie-in as well. Feels really sore right now after todays back workout. Much worse than I had hoped. Nothing hurt while doing my workout. Only afterwards. I wish I could find a doctor who specializes in this stuff and properly diagnose me.
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Quick thought and a story:

You train the same and both have had or still have shoulder issues... maybe you both do the same thing which irritates the shoulder. Like how did you re-injure yours? It might also be that you're not resting the shoulders enough. My bench buddies were training shoulders the day before bench... so still inflamed and or tired. I train mine Tuesday and Bench Friday. The last few weeks my press has been getting close to my old big numbers (110kg/242lbs for reps now vs 120kg/264lbs for reps in the past) and my shoulders felt sore still on Thursday (I even took a Ibuprofen Friday am).

Back in the day we had a good sized crew (low teens numbers wise... sometimes more) in my strongman gym in my warehouse. Two trained together and both ended up with a shoulder issue on one side - the same side. Ergo, as suggested above, what are you both doing??

Even myself, before the strongman gym, got into a stupid (really stupid lol) habit with freeweight pressing by locking out my right arm and being only half way up with the left. Well d'uh it hurt and I HAD to back off by 20kg/44lbs and get the form back to what it ought to have been = no more pain then. The more recent (last 18 months or so) frozen shoulder was just age + wear and tear.
RoidRage69

Post by RoidRage69 »

I think its a coincidence. My shoulder actually has torn cartilage and her shoulder is more in the arm below the shoulder. Mine is mostly in the rear and front delt. We dont even train shoulders or bench. I think both are just previous injuries and we are getting to strong for them to heal fast enough. Most likely inflamation/ tendonitis. It is getting better for both of us though I admit. I just think the amount of weight we have increased on the lifts was probably too much too fast. This is why we have decided to use lighter weight and not train as hard. Also being in a cal deficit for so long is most likely not a good thing. I just think we need time to rest and recover and stretch more.
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

A great example of what I've said before - ya gotta be clinical and analytical about what we do to ourselves. I've had to back off now and again
RoidRage69

Post by RoidRage69 »

12/28/23

Weight 253.6

Legs

Cybex Squat Press Narrow Stance
900x8x2
900x10
Hack Squat Hoist
450x5
450x7
Leg Extension
228x14
228x12
Seated Hamstring Curl
230x12x2
Treadmill 13min

Its been 1 month since starting semaglutide. Weight on Nov 27th was 270.7, today was 253.6. Been able to eat whatever I want. Never hungry. Feels good to eat sandwiches again. Thats my staple in this diet as well as casein protein powder and 1% lactose free milk. Cheerios on lifting days. Strength has also been going up steady at the same time. I say its a major success. I never thought I could retain this much strength let alone increase it while losing so much weight so fast.

Cal intake on lifting days is around 2000 cals and 1350 cals on non lifting days. 200+ grams protein on all days.

Tonight I am eating ice cream.

These pics were taken on my birthday 12/24.