Now we bulk - supported by EuroPharmacies

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Mobster

Re: Now we bulk - supported by EuroPharmacies

Post by Mobster »

Friday
Last heavy bench session @ Powerhouse. 3 man crew with Ken, Chris and myself for the most part. Heaviest bench day I've ever had pre any 1RM attempts. Still a little sluggish etc getting my ass to the gym but once I'm there...

Mid Iso Lever Row
to 130kg/264lbs (mixed 25kg plates with the 20kg plates and used a band to keep the weights on) x 6 reps

Close Grip Bench Press
broomstick warm ups, bar x 8, 60kg x 8, 80kg x 6, 120k x 1, 140kg x 1, 170kg x 1 and then 4 x 1 x 185kg/407lbs

Bwt: 334lbs (also back to all time high)

Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Being the analytical mo-fo I can be I spent 45 minutes talking to myself about every aspect of the last few, but especially yesterdays, training sessions last night. All with a view to deciding how next Friday's workout would go.

Here's a few of those thoughts:
1. How I feel beforehand. Kinda shit. That may well come down to aspects. One is I need to feel 'on' ONLY when I lift and I sometimes think my body holds back that sense of energy and well being for lifting only. The other is it is NOT comfortable being 334lbs and would, if I stayed this heavy, take a while to get used to. That's not gonna happen
2. How I prepared. I walk to the gym. That's how I get ready. I left a little late and was still eating my oatmeal 20 minutes beforehand. The gym made me a coffee to go with the doubled up one I had before I left. Food will barely, if at all, have kicked in.
3. Speed warming up. The faster I can move with the broomstick or bar the better I bench. Speed IS power. Yesterday I was coming off the bench when repping the stick. That's 300+lbs flying off the bench and slamming back down
4. How easy the warm ups are. How easy the 120kg/264lbs, 140kg/308lbs and so on move is a great indicator of what happens with the top weights.
5. Switching on / switching off. I spend a few minutes getting my head in the right space. Muttering away and cursing myself. Yet once I'm actually performing the rep it's just moving the bar.
6. Taking each rep on it's own. If you start to think too much about 4 or 5 singles you take a little energy from the rep you're about to do. It can be overwhelming to consider how f**ked you'll feel after. Living in the moment is how it gets done. Do the rep and recover
7. Success breeds success - do the work. Each time I am successful and complete another single rep with 185kg is another baby step closer to making next Friday successful.
8. Visualization. Seeing yourself doing the thing. I know a session is going well when I start to think 'maybe 2 reps' :LOL: I'm seeing that 200kg/440lbs in my head
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Monday
A good solid Monday's session. Kirk D at my gym
Lever Squat
100kg x 8, 200kg x 8, 320kg/704lbs x 4 reps (more there)
Iso Leg Press
50kg x 8, 100kg x 8, 160kg/352lbs (PB?) x 8 reps

Lying Leg Curls
4p x 8, 9p x 6 (shot my bolt on the previous exercises)

Leg Extensions
1/2 stack x 8, stack +17.5kg x 4 (more there)

Bwt: 334lbs
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Tuesday
Seated Press
to 102.5kg x 5 reps

Saxon Bar
to 115kg x 1 rep (PB and the aimed for target)

Bwt: 336lbs
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Thursday
Maxed out (like to the stops lol) the gym scale. Was a little damp from the rain I'd been in walking down so... home scale said 336lbs. Even though it was still tough and I got a great pump I was holding back a little to set me up for tomorrows max bench session. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, the best bench in my local gym is 205kg/451lbs by Shay

Dumbbell Hammer Curls
to 70kg/154lbs x 15 reps

s/s

EZ Skull Crushers
to 69kg/152lbs x 15 reps

MA Pulley P/Downs
stack x 20 reps
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Friday
@ Powerhouse. Chris and Ken with me and I also coached and spotted Kirk on another station.

Close Grip Bench Press
warm ups, 60kg x 8, 80kg x 6, 120kg x 1, 140kg x1, 180kg x 1, 195kg/429lbs x 1 (lifetime PB), 200kg x fail. Dropped to 100kg x 21.

Iso Mid-Row
45kg x 8 reps, 90kg x 6 reps, 140kg x 4 reps (PB)
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

So this is the last day of the EuroPharmacies/Purity Source Labs 28 day bulk. How did I do? Well I hit, at one point, an all time highest body-weight of 336lbs and maintained my previous best of 334lbs. As a 'bulk' it's 100% been the best ever.

Strength wise I'm right up there too. My all time best ever bench press of 429lbs, Another PB on the mid-iso row with 308lbs and other lifts went up very quickly.

I used EP sus and deca throughout (250mg each every 4th day) . Zero issues with PIP unless my injecting technique was poor. EP Dbol for the first 18 days at 30mg then I switched to 50mg a day of EP Anavar for power only over bulk. I also ran an AI. In addition, as i have for months now, EP MK677 at 25mg a day. The total doses was the highest amounts of PEDS I've ever ran and I deffo noticed how I felt on this cycle

Post cycle I fully expect to keep a lot of strength (if not all) as I'm focused on low rep strength right now but equally I'll drop at least 5-7lbs of body-weight. Being 336lbs is GREAT for strength but super poor for cardio so getting some level of comfort back in that area will be good. The bench press I'll restart a program on with the working sets reset at 145kg (5kg up from the last one). Some other lifts haven't maxed out so even losing some strength after a cycle wont play on my mind