THE RISE OF THE DHT - Broserker's PSL Sponsored Offseason Log

Sponsored or unsponsored logs Let's see your progress
Broserker

Re: THE RISE OF THE DHT - Broserker's PSL Sponsored Offseason Log

Post by Broserker »

Alright, lots of change to go over today. As you know, I started working with a new coach and things are being tightened down a lot, which is just the way I like it. I made my aspirations very clear with this coach, and we are going to push the envelope hard to make that happen. I have no bad blood with my old coach, and got along with him quite well. It is just in times like these where I am very busy training clients of my own along with multiple jobs, I want my regime set up for me. I simply perform much better the more pressure there is, so I wanted things to get vastly more intense.
We will start off with the diet, I am normally someone who likes some variety. But given the rocky start and with the body being in a fragile state post infection, food intake is going to be really strict for a while. I will be eating the same 6 meals daily for the foreseeable future, after the new team learns how my body responds to things we will look to broaden it up a bit. To be honest, with how up and down things have been, normalcy in the daily diet is much preferred for me.
Training wise, this is where things get really intense. We will be utilizing some crazy volume as an experiment, with a whole array of different exercises and techniques. I did my first chest day today and I won't lie, it kicked my ass. This really lit a fire under me, because it's been awhile since I’ve done some out of the box training.
On the topic of supplements, I’ve added in dandelion root, additional potassium, more magnesium, and upped the salt intake. This has already started to purge the water bloat pretty quickly. I lost 7 lbs in the past 24 hours. I assume by the end of the week, my weight will stabilize somewhere in the 250s. Which is right where we want it right now.
All in all, this covers the basics and I am super excited to turn a new page and start packing on the mass heavy. The cycle is definitely kicking in, and I can feel the compounds really starting to saturate. The main focus is staying strict with the diet, recovery, and training. As long as I’m on point there, I’ll meet my goals without a doubt. Bodybuilding is my main focus at the moment, and I'm going to give it all I got these next few months to get the physique ready for the stage.

First workout and diet for the foreseeable future below.

Meal 1 :
250g egg whites
2 whole eggs
3 slices ezekiel bread
1c spinach
1.2g sea salt

Meal 2 :
225g chicken breast
150g jasmine rice
100g asparagus
16g almond butter
1.2g salt

Meal 3 :
225g chicken breast
150g jasmine rice
100g asparagus
16g almond butter
1.2g salt

Meal 4 :
1.5 scoops whey isolate
40g oat bran
100g blueberries
1.2g salt
16g almond butter
dash of cinnamon

Meal 5 :
2 scoops whey isolate
2c rice crispy cereal
12 oz almond milk
1 medium banana
12g manuka honey
2.4g salt
dash of cinnamon

Meal 6 :
200g 90/10 grass fed beef
150g jasmine rice
100g pineapple
1c spinach

Workout :

Low Angle Incline Spoto Press
135x12
185x12
225x12
275x10
295x8

Superset -

DB Champagne Press
25x30
30x30
30x30
High Angle Smith Incline Press (5 second negatives)
225x8
245x8
245x8

HS Machine Press (5 second negative)
1 PPS x 20
1 PPS + 25 x 20

Cable Flys

Low angle -
25x12
25x12
25x12

Medium angle -
25x12
30x12
30x12

High angle -
30x12
30x12
30x12

Elevator Press (start full incline shoulder press height, back down bench by one rung, repeat until flat and back up to the top)

Used 30 lb dumbbells here for 8-12 reps at each rung, absolutely brutal finisher

Broserker

Re: THE RISE OF THE DHT - Broserker's PSL Sponsored Offseason Log

Post by Broserker »

Howdy Everyone,

As of today, I plan to return to my normal log updates. I stepped away from a few of my side gigs to free up time before I go into a long multi show prep. It has been a rough couple of months as far as life goes. I definitely went a little overboard as far as taking on a multitude of different jobs to try and stockpile cash for the competitive season. If there is a toxic trait I possess, it is that I often take on too many things at once until I’m spread far too thin. This combined with some unexpected twists and turns in my personal life didn’t create a good combo for productivity on this side of things, and I apologize for that. Excuses aside, I should have been more vocal throughout that, and I take full responsibility for that. Changes have been made to adjust my workload and finally free up some time so I can be back to full focus.

Regardless, I have maintained my training schedule and diet throughout, with of course a few slip ups here and there. But I would say I maintained 90% efficiency thus far, which is a pretty good spot to be in. At this point we are winding down my offseason, and are likely 4-6 weeks out from starting my prep.

Diet wise, things have not changed at all as far as foods go. I have slowly titrated up the carbohydrates to continue growing throughout, but other than that I am still on the dog food diet.

Regarding my cycle, I have made some slight tweaks. I am currently running 400 test / 500 primo / 200 NPP. I have been consistently making gains with these doses, and I just seem to feel much better on slightly lower test.

Lastly, physique!! We are waking up daily in the 280 region and are pretty much capped out as far as weight I want to gain before heading into prep. I ended up maybe a touch softer than I wanted to, but there was certainly progress made in the right direction as far as lean mass goes. The plan is to just work into a long and slow prep and we will get the few extra lbs of fluff off no problem.

At this point I’m just holding steady and checking in multiple times a week with my coach and waiting for him to make changes, so will have updates as that happens.